What does a career in HR entail? The main responsibility is to help an organization manage its employees. You will be involved in hiring and firing, training, compensation, administering benefits and handling the informational side of people management. HR’s are vital for every organization, big or small, because they help boost employee productivity which in turn helps the company run more efficiently. HR is a field that is perfect for individuals who have good communication skills and can work well in a team. You should train yourself to become an expert problem solver as issues always tend to arise in every organization from time to time. Students thinking of becoming HRs should also be good listeners so that they can effectively address any problem or issue that an employee may be facing.
Fee structure would be different in different institutions. In general, it can cost anywhere in the range of R 10,000 – R 20,000.
A degree in HR can offer many fulfilling and promising job opportunities; you can take your pick from the list below –
- Selection, Recruiting, and Placement Managers
- Development and Training Specialists
- Compensation and Benefits Specialists
- Employee Relations and Labour Specialists
- Health, Safety, and Security Specialists
HR professionals can earn anywhere between R 1,50,000 to 3,00,000 per annum. In addition to that, HR professionals also get a lot of bonuses, increments and incentives. The better you are at your job, the better you will be paid. If you display critical thinking abilities, logical thinking, communication skills and team work skills then you have better chances of landing a job that pays well.
A career in HR is perfect for anyone who has great written and verbal skills along with proficiency with computers. It is a good idea to have a basic knowledge how businesses operate and function. Different specialities require different skills sets and therefore you must be eager and prepared to learn on the job, if you are a quick learner then you will not have any problems. HR professionals have a lot of their plate and so it is most suited for students who are looking for an engaging career option.
- Post-Graduate Diploma – 50% in graduation
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management – 1-8 years
- Institute of Marketing & Management, New Delhi, NCR
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand